Monday, February 14, 2011

Grunge Rock Birthday

Hi All,

Just popping in very quickly with a new card I made on the weekend. Today has gone so fast and I need to head up to School shortly!

After the Owl card last week I decided to try another Clean and Simple card using stamps from the same set (Grunge Rock) to create a layered look . I really like this effect and it takes next to no time!

I've heat embossed half the Versamark background (on the left) with clear embossing powder, stamped the No.1 and rock crown in Sahara Sand, Happy Birthday in Soft Suede and the guitar twice in Real Red. Once on the card and once on a scrap piece cutting it out and popping it up on top of the other guitar. Add a Rock and Roll Rhinestone and call it done!

This morning I made a little banner for our front door to surprise Dave when he gets home from work. I didn't want Valentines Day to go unnoticed again this year!



Happy Valentines to all you out there too!
xx Kate

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the banner it's so cute what a neat idea. Love the masculine feel to the card.

Anonymous said...

Very cute banner, Kate! That'll make Dave smile.

Jo Eng said...

I love the banner Kate! Did Dave appreciate it?? Chris sent me the same card as last year... but he did like the homemade Valentines card and box of chocs that I made for him! So thanks Kate for the Valentines card making class!! But, if you decide to do another class next year - I'm going to send Chris!!!