Thursday, February 10, 2011

Little Owl

I was trawling through the masses of blog posts in my Google reader 30 minutes ago when one card in particular stopped me dead in my tracks. I just had to pull out my stamps and recreate the little cutie immediately. This never happens to me but I was at a standstill creatively so I am super glad it did!

The card was originally created by Maile Belles and the only thing I changed was the stamp set!


It's a clean and simple  4 x 4 inch one layer card that took next to no time with the help of my trusty stamp-a-majig stamp position-er. LOVE it! I do realize that Owls don't really belong in bird cages but hey.. I figure if it's good enough for Harry Potter than it's good enough for me!

Supplies: All from Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight
Stamps: Aviary, Apple Blossoms

I am really keen to get back into the swing of things for the year so if you or someone you know would like to host a class or workshop in the Auckland area please get in touch! I'll be GIVING away a free stamp set to anyone who books with me in the next two weeks. Thanks!
xx Kate

2 comments:

Rachael Knight said...

Wow Kate, you're blogging at an amazing pace, how will any of us keep up with you?!

This is very cute, it's nice to know that you don't need a zillion layers and tools to create something eye catching, sometimes! I'm like you, I put the owl in the cage all the time. And I don't worry about what colour he (or she?) is either. I'm sure I colour flowers the wrong colour all the time - I really don't care, and if anyone asks, we're just exercising artistic licence!

Anonymous said...

I just love owls, and that card is fab.....love how you were inspired to create something you saw....I don't think it matters if an owl is in a cage on a card lol