Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm back!

** Warning bumper catch up post ahead! Scroll down if you are only here for photos. **

Hi and welcome to the start of my blogging year!

I've had some amazing time off with my family as we enjoyed a fabulous 6 week break from School and Stamping! I did lots of other things but nothing in the way of card making I'm afraid!

I read about 10 books - indulging in my increasing love for anything involving Vampires. That non-human lifesyle is just so fascinating!

I did one of those gigantic thousand piece puzzles where you have no idea what the picture is - just a little clue. That was fun and quite addictive actually!

I started a Hairy Maclary Cross Stitch that Mum bought me for Christmas and I intend to put that up in Cams room once it's done. I had forgotten just how long the smallest bit of Cross Stitch takes! Card making is definitely quicker and more immediately satisfying!!

We camped for a week at Ahipara - at the bottom end of 90 Mile Beach. It went much better than expected. We had no rain the whole week, didn't lose Cameron once and nobody got sun burnt even though we spent a lot of time outdoors!

We purchased a key to the School pool and although we haven't used it much in the last few weeks we have still been up there a lot. This has been brilliant for both cooling off on hot days and improving all the Childrens water confidence.

Last week I kicked the stamping year off with a Valentines themed class. Oh it was fun! It really revitalized my love for both Teaching and Stamping! I hope to run two classes a month here at home this year as well as classes and workshops in other peoples homes and workplaces! I'll also be doing more local markets, selling items online through my Facebook page and really trying to get myself out there so that I don't have to go back to work!

Also, surprisingly and unexpectedly the last two months have seen two wonderful ladies join my little Stampin' Up! family. Cathy and Jo had both been coming to my classes for a while, had become hooked on Stampin' Up! products and decided that it was worthwhile getting the demonstrator discount to set themselves up properly with everything they needed! The starter kit is incredibly good value for money and is almost completely customizable. So I now have two hobby demonstrators under my wings who I am very much looking forward to getting to know better.

Anyway enough about me! I bet you'd really like to see what we made at last weeks class right?



We made the gorgeous little box first to ease the girls in for the night! I got the basic box template from Carla Brasher (The Southern Stamper) and it's just the perfect size for a 3 pack of Ferrero Rocher chocolates!

Supplies (which can all be ordered through me) - 
Cardstock: Crumb Cake and Real Red
Patterned Paper: Love Letter
Punches used: Scallop circle, 13/8 circle, small heart.
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Early Espresso
Ribbon: Real Red Grosgrain
Rhinestones and window sheet.


Then we made this little beauty using the same colours as the box above but a few extra supplies!
Stamp Set: Sweetheart, Teeny Tiny Sentiments.
Ink: Real Red and Early Espresso
Punches: Full Heart, Word window, Scallop square (cut down to frame Word window), mini heart.
Other Supplies -
1/2 inch Chantilly crochet trim, mini vintage tags and vintage trinkets ( all from the Summer Mini Catalogue).
Heart Treat cups, pearls.


I'll be back soon with more love inspired projects! I LOVE love (such a romantic) and any reason to celebrate it is good enough for me!

Kate xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy New Year Kate. I have been secretly stalking your blog, loving your stamping style. Sounds like a wonderful break indeed. I am looking forward to seeing your inspiration and creations on here. Like you I am going to put myself out there with my wee love of natural products. Good Luck with your business goals for 2011.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great summer, Kate! Do you have any photos?? I can't imagine how much Cameron must have grown up since I last saw him. And the girls too.

Looking forward to seeing more of your creativity this year - it is always inspiring.

Debbie Lamb said...

Welcome back Kate and Happy belated New Year. I love what you've made in your first class back and can't wait to see what else you've got in store :)