Friday, February 4, 2011

Love Love Love

Have you heard that catchy new song on the radio and TV 2 ads by New Zealand band Avalanche City?
I can't seem to get it out of my head! You have to check out the video (just click on the link) it totally appeals to paper crafters - see if you can figure out why!

So here are some more love inspired cards for you today:

This card was a stamp club project by the delightful Bron Heslop . I couldn't make to January stamp club as we were away camping that week but Bron put together a little take-out kit for me so that I could complete the projects later. I didn't have the Valentine Defined stamp set that she used on her card so I pulled out a new arrival - Bliss - one of the gorgeous new Sale-a-bration sets. Oh how I LOVE this set, it is just my style!

I changed the card up - stamping a background pattern in Versamark ink, sponging and distressing edges to 'age' it up a bit. It came together very quickly as Bron had pre-cut all the pieces for me. I stamped one of the heart images from the Sweethearts set with Cherry Cobbler, punched with the heart punch and inserted a treat cup. I finished it off by stamping 'Bliss' in the right hand corner using Early Espresso ink. Yum!

This little pink number is the same basic design as yesterdays card. I've just swapped the reds for pinks, changed the ribbon to Very Vanilla satin and used a heart punch out for my love you sentiment. So simple.

I just loved the polka dot patterned paper from the little box we made in class so I had to try it out on a basic card. This looks beautiful as part of a set with the chocolate box. That Real Red ribbon ties such lovely firm bows. Stamp sets are Sweethearts and Teeny Tiny sentiments and the paper comes from the Love Letter pack.

If you have any questions at all about any of the cards on my blog or would like to set a date to make some yourself please get in touch - I love getting emails!

Thanks so much to the girls who commented on my first post back - I thought for sure that nobody would be reading anymore as it's been such a long time between drinks!

I'll be back tomorrow - this time with a new challenge blog entry. Boy it's been a while since I did one of those =)

Happy Friday!

xx Kate

5 comments:

Julia said...

these are all great Kate!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! 2 posts in 2 days! Keep it up, chick - love seeing those gorgeous creations. Think that video is awesome, too; what a cool song!

Sharna Russell said...

Hi Kate, these are just lovely cards, i love all three of them

did you know that the singer of Avalanche City is Narelle Hoggards (SU Demonstrator)B-I-L, and in our house we all agree about it being very catchy

Kate, Dave and the kiddlets said...

Hi Sharna - no I had no idea about it being Narelle's Brother in Law! How cool is that? xx

Anonymous said...

Loving the cards, super cute.