Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Creativity

Gosh the weeks are flying by. I mean to post something new on here everyday but it seems that before I know it the day is over!
I have been making things...and teaching.. so have a bit to share over the next few posts.

Friday night was a fun evening at Jo's. Crafting for her and her mum Gillian's birthday. I taught them a birthday card with a detachable bookmark. I'm all about cards with bookmarks at the moment, must be all the reading I've been doing! I've just finished the Hunger Games series - truly brilliant, I loved every moment!

Anyway here's the card I taught at Jo's:

I took the colours and basic idea from page 8 of the Summer Mini Catalogue and adapted it to use the Friends 24/7 stamp set.

Hope you like it! xx Kate

Supplies used:
Stamp Sets: Friends 24/7 and On Your Birthday
Colours: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Confetti White.
Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Butterfly Sizzlit Die, Aqua Painter, clips assortment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Love it, Kate.

Jo Eng said...

This card was such a clever idea Kate and the perfect choice for my birthday party as I'm such a bookworm! Thanks for a great evening :-)

Steeped in Beautea said...

gorgeous and yet practical with the bookmark